Milestone Moments

  • Jingle Bell Run-Susan Clifton placed 1st in her age group

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5th email update

Good morning all! First and foremost, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! I know that all the weather snuck up on me unexpectedly, but I hope you all still got out to run. Speaking of the weather, that is the reason for my email today. Of course, now that we got most of the snow moved out of the way...now we have to deal with frigid temperatures! So on our blog I have added a link under the Helpful Links section that will let you put in the temperature, wind speed, and weather conditions, then it will give you an idea of the appropriate clothing for that weather. It is a very helpful link, so I hope you all have a chance to take a look. Now onward to the temperatures, and wind chill for the next few days. It is predicted that we will have temperatures around 0, and wind chills at -10 to -20 over the next few days. So I have looked up a little information about running in these temperatures http://www.drpribut.com/sports/spcold.html. I will put this link on our blog as well. But, it has a lot of good tips, and information about how to figure what the wind chills will be based on wind speed, and temperature. And, it breaks down what to wear for extreme temps & when to be worried about frostbite, etc. I also want to welcome a couple of new members to our group! In addition to a couple of new local members, we have also picked up a couple of people from out of state that need group support. So they will be virtual members, so we will have to provide them lots of support as they train on their own! Kelly and I are both trying to get back into the swing of things after the holidays!! We will be out at Runners' World this evening to run with the group, so grab your cold winter gear and join us! The meeting spot is Runners' World at 5:30 p.m. Also, you all should check out the Runners' World blog spot (there is a link off of our blog) for pictures of Larry and Jim running on the day after Christmas in the snow! I am super impressed that they braved the roads to come out. Also, Larry, Kelly, and John came out in the bitter cold last Saturday morning to get in their miles. So a big congratulations for braving the elements! And, I know a few of you all ran the Race Into the New Year, so let me know how the race turned out. I hope to see everyone soon. I know I am about sick of the treadmill, so come on out to run with us this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment