Milestone Moments

  • Jingle Bell Run-Susan Clifton placed 1st in her age group

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13th email update

Good afternoon all! If it looks like we have added many members to our group, it is just because we have added all the Run Leaders to our email list serve. Runners' World thought that might be helpful if the Run Leaders know about what is going on in other groups. Which has already been helpful to me, to answer a question Larry asked me recently about some of the upcoming events. So basic updates:*We are still meeting at Runners' World Tulsa on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 5:30 p.m.*We will be meeting at Veterans' Park at 7:45 a.m. on Saturday morning. I will post the routes and distance at the end of the email. To answer a couple of questions:*Am I supposed to be running on Monday nights?Well, according to our schedule you are scheduled to run on Mondays. But, please keep in mind that the schedule is just a guide. You can modify it for you and your schedule. There is a group that meets on Monday evenings at 5:30 p.m. at 21st and Riverside. If you would like more information about that run, please email us and I will get you in contact with Bobby.*Is Runners' World going to have any group meeting at the Post Oak Lodge training runs?In case you didn't get the email, there are going to be some organized trail runs in preparation for a marathon Post Oak Lodge will be hosting at the end of Feburary. The trail runs will be at 7 a.m. on 1/16 & 2/6. One of the other run leaders is thinking of going to one of the training runs, so again if you are interested in this, please email us, and I will pass along your contact info.*Does our training include the Winter Classic Run coming up hosted by the Tulsa Running Club?On 1/30 the TRC hosts a 10K, 20K, and 30K race at Mohawk park. I plan on attending, but I do not believe Kelly will be attending. So if you are interested in meeting up before the race, or running it together, just email me and we can pick out a good meeting spot. We will still be meeting as a group at Veterans' Park on that Saturday morning to run as a group at 7:45 a.m. for anyone not interested in the race.*All upcoming races (Little Rock, Dallas, etc.)Anyone that is wanting information about these races, feel free to email me. I will try to start getting lists together of who is going where, so I can try to exchange all that information within our group in case someone is looking for a running partner at the race, or someone to share a ride with to the race. I am personally looking to possibly do both Little Rock and Dallas. So just let me know! Wow! I didn't realize I had that much information to pass along. So I will make the rest short and sweet. We have such a great group, and I am excited to see everyone bonding. I have discussed this many times over the last few weeks, but it is so great to have a group to run with. Running is often thought as of an individual sport, but I for one know that I could not make it to my goal without you all! You all are my team mates, the ones I rely on to get me out on the cold days, and to make me accountable! So I appreciate every group run. So thank you all for being such a great bunch. Hopefully the cold snap is over. You all have been great for getting out in the cold over the last few weeks, and sticking to your schedules. So awesome job! Oh, and I will pass this along. One of the other Run Leaders send a note out about checking on your shoes, and that is a good rule of thumb. If you all have questions on shoes, when to replace, are you wearing the correct shoes, etc. Be sure to see Kathy or Brian they are a wealth of information on running shoes. Okay, as promised the route!Beginner Half-7 miles-Go north on Boulder to 15th St. Turn right on 15th St., and right on Utica. Just south of 21st St. veer to the right on Troost and turn right on 22nd St. Go south on St. Louis, back north on Terwilleger and go though Woodward Park. Turn right on Peoria, right on 20th St., and left on St. Louis. Loop around Swan Lake and go west on 19th St. Turn right on Cincinnati and when it crosses the trail (Mid Land Valley) turn left and follow the trail to 18th. Turn right on 18th and return to Veterans' Park. Add 1 mile at Riverparks (turn around approx. at 25th) Advanced Half-9 miles-Go north on Boulder to 15th St. Turn right on 15th St., and right on Utica. Just south of 21st St. veer to the right on Troost and turn right on 22nd St. Go south on St. Louis, back north on Terwilleger and go though Woodward Park. Turn right on Peoria, right on 20th St., and left on St. Louis. Loop around Swan Lake and go west on 19th St. Turn right on Cincinnati and when it crosses the trail (Mid Land Valley) turn left and follow the trail to 6th St. Turn left on 6th, left on Denver, left on Riverside and return to Veterans' Park. Happy running!Ashley & Kellyhttp://teamhappypace.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment